Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Comfort Food Revisited

I had leftovers from my lunch get-together. There was Chinese sausage, lettuce and a lot of steamed rice. What did I make? Fried rice. All that I needed to do was add 4 eggs. I used a fork and beat the eggs with some salt. I added half of it to the heated non-stick frying pan sprayed with corn oil and made a thin egg pancake. When done, I took it off the heat and cut it into slices. I diced 2 sausages and shredded a little lettuce. I heated up the rice in the pan and added some salt. Once warm, I added the sausages. Once heated through, I added the lettuce and egg pancake. When the lettuce wilted I added the remainder of the beaten eggs and stirred quickly to coat the rice. This is how I like my fried rice. Each grain of rice enveloped in a layer of yummy goodness. I'm not a big fan of putting soy sauce in my fried rice, I mean it's alright, but not my fave. So there you have it. Two dishes with the same ingredients (sans salted duck eggs which would've made the best addition to this dish but it was already gobbled up the first day).

No comments: